InstallShield failing to install game

I am trying to create an install script to install Dawn of War: Dark Crusade from the retail DVD.
The script starts the setup.exe from the DVD, but then InstallShield gives this error:

“An error(-5006 : 0x80070003) has occured while running the setup.
Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.
If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor”

The additional details of the error are:
"Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070003
Error Information:

SetupNew\SetupDLL.cpp (841)
PAPP:Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
PVENDOR:THQ (http://www.dawnofwargame.com/homepage.php)
PGUID:FF39FC01-819B-42E4-AE49-1968AF12DDD4
$12.0.0.49974
@Windows XP Service Pack 1 (7601) BT_OTHER 33440.83"

It seems to me that InstallShield cannot install the game, because there is some other installation still trying to run, while the installation from the DVD starts.
I am not sure how to stop other instances of InstallShield
This is also my first attempt at creating a script, so I might be doing something wrong. Here is the script draft I am trying.
game:
exe: $GAMEDIR/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/THQ/Dawn of War - Dark Crusade/DarkCrusade.exe
prefix: $GAMEDIR
installer:

• task:
    app: win7
    name: winetricks
  • insert-disc:
    requires: setup.exe
  • task:
    blocking: true
    executable: $DISC/setup.exe
    name: wineexec

I have tried it with both 32 bit and 64 bit architectures. I also tried it with and without the blocking statement in the install task, but it does not make a difference.

Any help and advice on creating the install script will be appreciated.
Thanks

you tried different wine versions? Did you get a look on WInehq page for this game?

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, that worked. :smile:

It was using lutris-6.0-rc1-x86_64, but InstallShield would fail with the error mentioned above.

I then tried lutris-5.7-11-x86_64 to install it, and it worked.

The way I specified the wine version was by putting :

wine:
  version: lutris-5.7-11-x86_64

at the end of the install script. Is that the correct way of doing it, because it also seems to now want to use that version of wine to run the game?

Is there a way to select the version of wine to only use with the Install only? Because the game self seems to run fine with lutris-6.0-rc1-x86_64, it just doesn’t want to install