Installing PS Now failed

I’m trying to install Playstation Now but I’m getting the error message “Failed to retrieve wine (proton 6.21-GE2) Information”.
I’m an Amateur with Linux and I’ve only known Lutris for about 2 hours :smiley:
Can someone please help me?
What information do you need from me so that you can help me? How i Can “install?” Wine Proton 6.21-GE2?
Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Losturcin -

I had the same problem. It’s been a few days since you posted, but I figured it out. Hopefully you already have too. If you look carefully at the last comment when you click the install button, it tells you what to do. Basically you have to go here and download and extract Proton yourself. Release Proton-6.21-GE-2 Released · GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom · GitHub … you have to create a new folder in your $home/.local/share/lutris/runners/ called wine. Then you have to extract all the files in the tarball into that folder. Lastly, you move all the files (they are directories of files like bin) from the files subfolder into the Proton-6.21-GE-2 folder you extracted. I am using Ubuntu 21.10. After clicking on the install again from Lutris, the install worked fine. It took a few minutes for the PS Now installer to setup everything. Hopefully this leads you on your own path to PS Now install victory. Read the installer details carefully. You’re going to get stuck with Wine staying open after you close PS Now.

Captainapplesauce - YOU ARE MY HERO!! I dont know you, but i love you :smiley:
Thank u soooo much!!! I hate Windows but i had to use it for PS Now, but now i dont need to use Windows!! :smiley: Thanks Bro!!

Did u use an Playstation Controller? Because i am using XboxOne and in Windows i had to use reWASD to emulate a Dualshok4 Joystick.

Edit: Install finished succesfully but i cant play because PS Now do not start. Wine and PS Now appear and since 15min the app do not start :confused: