Installing hangs on dotnet45

Hey mates!

I’m trying to install Hearthstone via this script: https://lutris.net/games/install/5905/view

When coming to installing the dotnet45, it just remains there and does nothing. I’m running it over night now, still nothing happens.

These are the last few lines of the log:

Using native override for following DLLs: mscoree
Executing /home/cedric/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/staging-2.18-x86_64/bin/wine regedit /S C:\windows\Temp\_dotnet40\override-dll.reg
Executing /home/cedric/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/staging-2.18-x86_64/bin/wine64 regedit /S C:\windows\Temp\_dotnet40\override-dll.reg
The operation completed successfully
The operation completed successfully
Setting Windows version to winxp

And the headline of the installier shows this: Winetricks: Installing dotnet45

Is this a known problem and is there a fix for that? Like that the installer asks for permission of something, but well… no GUI to accept it or whatever.

Make sure you have wine with dependencies installed for your distro:

gloriouseggroll.tv/how-to-get-out-of-wine-dependency-hell/

Already had all installed. :confused:

I can’t reproduce any errors myself. Should someone figure out the issue, I can add something on the installer page.

I have set staging to 2.21 and took out Dotnet45. Some post on Winehq said it might be fixed with 2.19 now. Please test, since I dont’ play it anymore.

Setting Windows version to winxp

Can XP handle .net4.5?

Yeah this seems to be a problem with winetricks. There are a bunch of issues on their github.

I just installed the Battle.net installer of Lutris, which works very fine with Hearthstone. I just have disconnection issues with the game, but that is also mentioned in their WineHQ.

It doesn’t disconnect IN a game, so you won’t lose it. But after the game a message like “you’ve been disconnected, please restart Hearthstone” comes quite often. :slight_smile:

BUT! it works