Installing games to an external hard drive

Hi!

I wanted to install Epic Games Launcher (specifically, World War Z) on an external HDD. However, there seems to be an issue. Wine Mono will start installing the game if I select the /home/user/Games/ directory, but if I select the external HDD on /run/media/user/HDD/, the installation starts, installs some Windows files (no appearance of Wine Mono at all, and then stops without even installing any Epic Games files.
The error message I receive is:

The executable at path /run/media/alarg/My Passport/Games/epic-games-store/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Epic Games/Launcher/Portal/Binaries/Win32/EpicGamesLauncher.exe can’t be found, please check the destination folder.
Some parts of the installation process may have not completed successfully.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Alarg

You have to mount the disk in the /etc/fstab and configure for your use.

1 Like

I’ll try that, thanks!

It doesn’t work, it displays that the drive is formatted for Windows usage (it was formatted on a windows machine, NTFS). Either way, thanks for your help!

Try with ext4 format, i think should work and manually mount.

1 Like

I’d try that, however I need the drive for exchangeabilty. I don’t have a spare drive to check whether that would wokr and I currently can’t afford to lose all my data. If no one tries and confirms, you’ll just have to wait for me :smiley:

1 Like