Install Ratings - Specifically League of Legends

Hello,

I have been waiting for a couple/few weeks for a[nother] working Leauge of Legends client. I installed the Platinum version a few/several weeks ago and played the game just fine! :slight_smile:

RIOT updated their game, and it broke the Lutris install for a bit with a “Garbage” rating. wine-lol patches were discussed in the comments, but I did not want to build and patch myself, so I have been waiting for a better/working version to come out. A little more than a week ago, the Gold-rated install came out, and I noticed that the description of it was “Gold: works flawlessly with some minor tweaking.” My first question is this:

How can I know what the “minor tweaking” is?

I would really like to play the game, and I see that some people are already playing. My second question is this:

What is the “proper” way to upgrade or change the installed Lutris-version of a game to the new one? e.g. I have the installed version that used to be platinum, then became garbage, and once platinum is [hopefully] available again, what should I do to get that version properly in place - a complete reinstall?

Thanks in advance,
JM

1 Like