ILocalize AddFile failed to load file

New to gaming on linux, so I’m sorry if this is trivial.
Some basic info about my build before I describe the problem:
I’m using manjaro with XFCE

CPU: AMD ryzen 3 2200G
RAM: 8GB
MOBO: ASRock AB350 Pro4
GPU: AMD/ATI Radeon RX 590 Series

ISSUE:
I installed a game, specifically final fantasy xiv, on steam. I then installed lutrix.
Under steam, the game would fairly soon crash. My screens (I have two, both suffered from this) turn black. I was suggested to switch to a terminal, so I tried but nothing happened, sound even stopped.
I decided to try installing the game through lutrix, but the game doesn’t seem to start at all.
I started lutrix on terminal to check outputs and, only posting the latest parts, this is what I get:

Initial process has started with pid 5780
Game is considered started.
ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file “public/steambootstrapper_english.txt”.
Game is considered exited.
Initial process has exited.
All children have exited.
Exit with returncode 0
2020-07-03 10:32:51,723: Game still running (state: running)
2020-07-03 10:32:51,723: Stopping FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (winesteam)

I can provide, if needed, the whole output, though I think this is the important part.
Any help is appreciated because I really want to leave windows behind instead of booting it for a few games.

Are you using any custom proton builds? I think the best for ff14 was GloriousEggroll versions. And on protondb.com a lot of people are saying to “change the Browser to 1 in the FFXIV_BOOT.cfg-File.” and and CutsceneMovieOpening from 0 to 1.

Also for testing unplug the second monitor and see if that does anything.

protondb.com has a lot of info for the game. https://www.protondb.com/app/39210

Hi!
Sorry it took me a few days to come back, I had some really stressful days at work.
With that out of the way, no I wasn’t using anything unique.
The steam one I was trying was the default steam installs, as for the configurations to change, yeah I’ve edited those two, without doing so the game launcher just doesn’t work.
As I mentioned I’m new to this so I have no idea how do install gloriouseggroll but I’ll try to see if I can manage that, thank you.