I can't install Need For Speed Underground (2CD)

I had to reinstall my OS (Linux Mint 22). I had NFSU on it on Lutris, it worked well, I didn’t have any issues with installation or gameplay. Now on my new install I can’t install it. I tried burning the pirate ISOs on physical CDs, trying to install from them and even set up a virtual machine (XP 32-bit, at first I didn’t have issues with the installing process too, but I couldn’t run it, so I deleted it and couldn’t reinstall it at all).

The installation attempt looks like this: I put the first ISO/CD, after 0-1% (50% on XP VM) in wants me to put in the second ISO/CD, I put it, and then it says that I need to put in the correct CD-ROM and to restart the installation wizard, after which installation fails. I don’t know if it’s some weird DRM or if I’m just having bad luck.

You could try copying the data off each CD to a folder and running the installer from there.

either way, I am confident you can get it up and running one way or another. you could even try running the installer through Lutris itself which will use the GE 8-26 runner etc. or even PlayOnLinux as I sometimes use that to install games and then just guide Lutris to where the games main EXE is etc.

p.s. I occasionally replay Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005) as that’s my favorite arcade racing game outright. also, I am running Mint 21.2-Xfce.