I cant download LoL

I was trying to download LoL Standard (NA) and even though I tried to download many of them, it gave an error. It doesn’t load at all. Error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/lutris/installer/interpreter.py", line 276, in install_runner
    runner.install(

File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/lutris/runners/runner.py", line 480, in install
    raise RunnerInstallationError(_("Failed to retrieve {} ({}) information").format(self.name, version))

lutris.runners.RunnerInstallationError: Failed to retrieve wine (wine-ge-lol-8-27-x86_64) information

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/lutris/exception_backstops.py", line 108, in error_wrapper
    return handler(*args, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/lutris/gui/installerwindow.py", line 442, in launch_install
    if not self.interpreter.launch_install(self):
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/lutris/installer/interpreter.py", line 209, in launch_install
    self.install_runners(ui_delegate)

File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/lutris/installer/interpreter.py", line 263, in install_runners
    self.install_runner(self.runners_to_install.pop(0), ui_delegate)

File "/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/lutris/installer/interpreter.py", line 283, in install_runner
    raise ScriptingError(ex.message) from ex

lutris.installer.errors.ScriptingError: Failed to retrieve wine (wine-ge-lol-8-27-x86_64) information

Looking at a few posts, running League of Legends on Linux may well be at an end due to Riot games moving to a new anti cheat system. The install page on Lutris has a fairly specific notice about it.

If you want to run a game that isn’t LoL, I recommend you change to ULWGL and Proton - that WINE was only ever to support LoL.

1 Like