I can not install battle.net

Hello,
Recently I installed Debian in my computer, and when trying install battle.net appears me this message:

I give Him to install battle.net and in the process, exits me the following message:
OSError(‘Invalid Wine prefix path /home/USER/Games/battlenet, make sure to create the prefix before saving to to registry’)

To somebody has spent him? Some idea?

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modulate plough available.
Distributor Go: Debian
Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
Release: 12
Codename: bookworm

$ lutris --version
lutris-0.5.17

Check the 2 links (the drivers link is NOT a copy paste, Debian does not use PPA’s so you need to remove the first part of the command referencing the ppa):

wine dependencies

drivers

Hi,

I have executed these two instructions:

$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 && sudo apt update && sudo apt install -y wine64 wine32 libasound2-plugins:i386 libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 libdbus-1-3:i386 libsqlite3-0:i386

$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 && sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo apt install libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 mesa-vulkan-drivers mesa-vulkan-drivers:i386

Lutris Says me that all correct when installing Battle.net

Now, when giving him to “play” exits me the following message:

The file /home/$user/Games/battlenet/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Battle.net/Battle.net Launcher.exe could not be found

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/exception_backstops.py”, line 31, in wrapper
result = function(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/game.py”, line 668, in configure_game
gameplay_info = self.get_gameplay_info(launch_ui_delegate)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/game.py”, line 607, in get_gameplay_info
gameplay_info = self.runner.play()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/runners/wine.py”, line 1202, in play
raise MissingGameExecutableError(filename=game_exe)

lutris.exceptions.MissingGameExecutableError: The file /home/$user/Games/battlenet/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Battle.net/Battle.net Launcher.exe could not be found

go to the discord server - are you sure this is lutris version 0.5.17?

$ lutris --version
lutris-0.5.17

There are 2 things that point to a setup issue:
/home/USER/Games/battlenet,
/home/$user/Games/battlenet/

What is your user name??? It is not being recognized or left as USER which might be the issue

Hi

I have this route
$ realpath -e battlenet/
/home/$user/Games/battlenet

I don’t have Launcher.exe
~/Games$ find | grep -i Launcher.exe
./battlenet/drive_c/windows/system32/belauncher.exe
./battlenet/drive_c/windows/syswow64/belauncher.exe

Dear, I have changed my username manually and to paste it here. However, my username is another, with no symbols.

Situation is another becouse I tried to install PlantsVsZombies and I supposed it is the similiar problem.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/exception_backstops.py”, line 31, in wrapper
result = function(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/game.py”, line 668, in configure_game
gameplay_info = self.get_gameplay_info(launch_ui_delegate)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/game.py”, line 607, in get_gameplay_info
gameplay_info = self.runner.play()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/runners/wine.py”, line 1202, in play
raise MissingGameExecutableError(filename=game_exe)

lutris.exceptions.MissingGameExecutableError: The file /home/user/Games/plants-vs-zombies-game-of-the-year/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Origin/Origin.exe could not be found