How to run a game installed using Playonlinux on Lutris (Flatpak)

This is my first post on this forum and I cannot seem to run an installed game executable on my Lutris (Flatpak) application.

I read this post https://forums.lutris.net/t/run-playonlinux-shortcut-with-lutris/13835 on running a game shortcut made using Playonlinux on Lutris.

The instruction was to select “Linux (runs native games)” as a runner then copying the “EXEC” command from the “.desktop” shortcut to the Executable & Arguments fields under the Game Options" tab.
e.g. Exec=/usr/share/playonlinux/playonlinux --run "NameOfGame" %F
i.e. Executable Field: /usr/share/playonlinux/playonlinux
i.e. Arguments Field: --run "NameOfGame"

However, when I tried that on my Lutris (Flatpak), the result was an error telling me that “/usr/share/playonlinux/playonlinux cannot be found”.

Assistance is much appreciated.

I can’t comment much on the Flatpak version of Lutris as I use a standard installation (i.e. through “.deb” file). but generally speaking if the game (ill assume a typical Windows game (even though I see you listed “Linux (runs native games)”)) is already installed somewhere you should be able to just start up Lutris and add a game shortcut and guide it to the games main EXE file is the basic idea. then tweak any settings to your liking.

I have used PlayOnLinux to install some games though, so I am familiar with PlayOnLinux a bit to.

because what you are doing seems to be making things more difficult than they need to be.

p.s. I never play any online games as everything I use is entirely offline and I just create a shortcut in Lutris to the games exe file is the basic idea.