How to Install Theme Park World

Have a look at the install script for the Wine version of Theme Park World. Right at the beginning it asks me to “Please select a No-CD executable” but which file am I supposed to choose? This file, named nocd, occurs in the last move clause of the script but I still don’t understand why any of the two move clauses are necessary at all.

What executable am I supposed to provide? Are the move clauses of the script really necessary if I have the CD?

Update: It seems the nocd file is supposed to be a no-cd patched version of tp.exe which allows for running the game without an original CD. If you have such CD and don’t mind using it, there is indeed to need for the nocd file.

so what did you do to fix this? I see you said there was “to need” for the file. Does that mean you needed it, or you meant to write ‘no need’?

if you bypassed it, how?

Yes, I meant to write “no need”. How I sometimes manage to overlook typos after proof reading 12 times is beyond me :smiley:

Anyway, I ended up using wine directly without the Lutris script. I created a 32-bit Windows 2000 bottle, installed the game using my original CD, copied secdrv.sys from the CD to $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/windows/system32/drivers/ (there was no need to edit the registry) and can now launch and play the game. I tried replacing tp.exe with a no-cd patched executable and that works, too.