How can I update a script version

Does anyone know how to update existing game in Lutris. I mean that I have a game which I have installed months ago and I see that there are many new versions of this script in Lutris. Can I install the newest version with the newest wine configurations without fully removing the game and installing it again?

Yes you can, just click “install” and “install another version”, don’t forget to change directory destination or your old install will be overwritten.

Yes , I know that I can just install the newest version again but I do not want to.
I just want to update the settings for current one. What if the game is 30-40 GB, I need to download it again and again after every script update?

It is not possible to update a game when a script changed, you have to reinstall the game.
Which game are you talking about?

Hmm, that’s not good. I think Lutris’s team should add this as feature.

It’s about Warcraft 3 reforged. Ya, I managed to install it with new script and keep Warcraft 3 from the last one but this is because this game is separated in two parts, battle net client and the game itself.

If you want to try new Warcraft reforged script without download each time 40 Go, follow this steps:

1°) move “/home/your_profile_name/Games/warcraft-iii-reforged/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Warcraft III” to another and secure place, your Desktop folder for example.
2°) You can now uninstall/Delete “Warcraft III reforged” from Lutris
3°) Now reinstall “Warcraft III reforged” with Lutris
4°) Before to launch the game in Lutris, move “Warcraft III reforged” folder to your new Lutris install "/home/your_profile_name/Games/warcraft-iii-reforged/drive_c/Program Files (x86)
5°) Start Battle.Net, connect to your account, launch “Warcraft III reforged” install and Battle.Net will automatically find “Warcraft III reforged” game files.