How can I know if my game is using OpenGL or Vulkan?

Is there a way on how to know this?

I’m playing Borderlands 2 on Lutris but its not showing the mangohud.

1 Like

the best way is to install MangoHud it can tell you what you use

why it doesn’t show MangoHud is you need to install it first even then it may not show it my recommendation is to install MangoHud beta after installing MangoHud it will show it on all engines.

List of Vulkan games - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game

GitHub - flightlessmango/MangoHud: A Vulkan and OpenGL overlay for monitoring FPS, temperatures, CPU/GPU load and more. Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Gj5YmBb

List of Vulkan games - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game

GitHub - flightlessmango/MangoHud: A Vulkan and OpenGL overlay for monitoring FPS, temperatures, CPU/GPU load and more. Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Gj5YmBb

even after installing MangoHud, it will not work on all games with lutris I don’t know why but if you install the MangoHud Beta Release MangoHud Version 0.6.6-1 · flightlessmango/MangoHud · GitHub to fix the overlay on OpenGL

Hi.

mangohud and goverlay are already installed in my machine. it shows in apex legends but it doesn’t in borderlands 2.

is there an arguments or command on showing this?

Have you enabled the mangohud FPS counter?

Look at the FPS Counter setting:
(Ignore the yellow arrow, I stole the screenshot from somewhere else)

yes. FPS is always enabled. both watchdogs and borderland2 FPS counter is enabled but only watchdogs shows it.

I found a thread:

Give the following environment variables a try:

MANGOHUD_CONFIG=full

Or

MANGOHUD_DLSYM=1

Hold your horses, is the Borderlands 2 the linux version? Still try the environmental variables previously mentioned.

Then try from the terminal just the following command:

mangohud <insert here the linux Borderlands 2 binary>

This probably will print some informantion and give us more info.

has any of you even tired what i said
" install the MangoHud Beta Release MangoHud Version 0.6.6-1 · flightlessmango/MangoHud · GitHub to fix the overlay on OpenGL"

i have the overlay on all my games even in BL2