Honkai Impact 3rd - game doesn't launch properly

Hi!

Honkai Impact 3rd was my first attempt at adding a game to the Lutris library. Unfortunately I wasn’t really successful. The installer works, the game-launcher works as-well and can also download and install the game files. However, when starting the game there’s an odd behavior:

1. Game process “BH3.exe” starts
  2. Process eats more and more memory until 100% is used
  3. Process crashes/hangs (defunct in ps)

Here’s the debug log when running the game: https://gist.github.com/seagleNet/4f84bf7a2a421273327b9699013a2eaf
The error “003c:err:seh:sigsys_handler Syscall 3611595886 is undefined.” on line 119 happens when starting the game form the launcher. All lines after that only happen when closing the launcher again.

Several people have already reported the same issue on the game’s page, so it doesn’t only affect me.

Any help would be highly appreciated! (and sorry in advance in case it’s a stupid/obvious error)

1 Like

Can you run it outside of Lutris (with the same WINEPREFIX and wine binary)? Does it behave the same or any different?

I have the same issue. I tried @LeXofLeviafan’s advice and Yes, it behaves the same way. It seems like it is wine issue?

Generally, when making a game install script, you’d want to do a successful manual install (i.e. one with which game runs in acceptable manner) before trying to automate it.

Wine issues like this can be fixed by fiddling with winetricks (installing a Windows DLL or sometimes changing low-level Wine settings), by setting specific emulated Windows version, or by changing Wine version (e.g. specific older version, custom-patched, or protonified). But the required measures highly depend on the game, so unless it’s something obvious like DirectX or DotNET, I look up a fix in winedb/protondb, and if there’s none I shrug and switch to another game for the moment.