Heroes of the Storm install does not show folders

I’m on lutris 0.4.19.

I’m running Hearthstone and StarCraft II just fine.

However, whenever I’m trying to also get the battle.net to install Hots, either from it’s standalone script or as part of any of the two installs above, I get:

• wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x93cbb3 (thread 0111), starting debugger...
  • installation is stuck at the pop-up just after clicking install, where it should try to show the target folder inside the wine prefix.

Any thoughts?

Look at logs.

Which logs and where?

I’m running via “lutris -d” in terminal.

Thank you.

Here’s an excerpt from the logs shown using “show last game’s logs” in lutris

0032:fixme:msvcp:_Mtx_init_in_situ unknown flags ignored: 2
002a:fixme:shell:SHGetPropertyStoreForWindow (0x400aa 0x110c3740 0x33b430) stub!
005b:fixme:cryptnet:verify_cert_revocation_from_aia_ext OCSP URL = L"http://ocsp2.globalsign.com/cloudsslsha2g3"
005a:fixme:file:FindFirstFileExW flags not implemented 0x00000002
005a:fixme:file:ReplaceFileW Ignoring flags 2
005b:fixme:file:FindFirstFileExW flags not implemented 0x00000002
005b:fixme:file:FindFirstFileExW flags not implemented 0x00000002
0058:fixme:file:FindFirstFileExW flags not implemented 0x00000002
005c:fixme:file:FindFirstFileExW flags not implemented 0x00000002
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x93cbb3 (thread 00d4), starting debugger...
00e5:fixme:avrt:AvRevertMmThreadCharacteristics (0x12345678): stub
00f6:err:winediag:load_gssapi_krb5 Failed to load libgssapi_krb5, Kerberos SSP support will not be available.

It complains about

• some missing Kerberos library, but I have update some packages around that and digging a bit seems like I would need to create a symlink in order for Lutris to use it.
  • that unhandled page fault in the middle of a list of indentical warnings which could be related to some security certificate revocation?

As I’ve mentioned, I’m running SC2 and Hearthstone successfully via their respective scripts.

I’ve tried uninstalling SC2 from inside the battle.net app with the aim to reinstall it to see if this issue is specific to Hots. However, confirming the dialog in the battle.net up ends in an infinite loop with “deleting files” message.

I’ve then deleted the lutris entry for the game and then reinstalled via script, but now I’m getting the installation stuck issue on SC2 as well.

Does the folder / partition where the game and wine files are stored need special permissions?

LE: I finally got it working, seems like lutris or wine don’t play that nice with either long path or fstab mounted partitions which also show as mounted via gnome-desktop automounts.

This shouldn’t occur for other typical installations, as the configuration is particular to my system: I have a combination of SSD+HDD+nvme with multiple partitions and mounts points.

I’m running Ubuntu on a nvme which has the home folder on it as well, along side W10 dual boot. So space here it is at a premium, I cannot install Hots, SC2 and Hearthstone due to lack of it.

So I’ve installed the wine prefix for the game in ubuntu’s user home folder and the actual games via the battlenet app in a wine mounted drive which is actually a larger partition on an HDD also attached to my system.

Had to mount exactly to root folder, as it seems there are some hardcoded “Games” entries in path settings for each script.

Funny thing is I wasn’t able to find something related to the above in logs, it was just going from step to step.

I’ll report back if I encounter any further issue. Would it be worth running all three games from the same prefix, or should I keep an entry for each one in Lutris?