Everytime I start Battle.net, Hearthstone sits for a few minutes saying “updating” but I’m quite sure that it is not. I mean without fail it says updating everytime even when I know there wasn’t an update. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know why it’s happening or how to stop it? The game runs perfect and I have no issues, so this is a small issue, but I’d like to resolve it if possible.
I run on Manjaro OS, on on this OS too is this update loop happening on. It happened on SolusOS too previously. Although on SolusOS is it would eventually open up. On Manjaro it never has once successfully started Heartstone.
Mind you League of Legends on Lutris with Manjaro works, no issues. Although not Heartstone at all.
*** Kernel Linux 6.1.21-1-MANJARO x86_64**
*** AMD Radeon RX 580 Series (polaris10, LLVM 15.0.7, DRM 3.49, 6.1.21-1-MANJARO)**
I have managed to fix this issue by completely re-installing Battlenet and also Heartstone, with helps from people in this Github thread: https://github.com/lutris/lutris/issues/4194. Before launching Heartstone, I close the Battlenet until Lutris register it as stopped. Then I right click on Battlenet and click Configure and go to Runner option, see image below. Then most importantly is the DLL override, see image below.