Heads up: wineSteam scripts have to force winearch win64 and prefix64 and vice-versa

I just got this error trying to install Tekken 7:

wine: WINEARCH set to win64 but ‘/home/USERNAME/.local/share/lutris/runners/winesteam/prefix64’ is a 32-bit installation

So, somewhere during my winesteam installations (all via scripts), some game must have used prefix64 and winearch=win32.

Either that or the wineSteam runner automatically installs in winearch win32 by mistake.

EDIT: just checked, everything is being installed in the 64 bit prefix, although some really old dx9 games with no 64-bit clients are present there… Even games that require some 32bit winetricks

Yo, bit old post but i’ll answer:
you might have init that prefix64 with WINEARCH=win32 beforehand, therefore, any future game in this prefix will be 32 bits. You need to move things inside this /prefix64 to /prefix and reinit your /prefix64 with WINEARCH=win64

Yes, your answer is correct, but from Lutris’ point of view, when you install the Wine Steam runner, it should automatically define prefix as win32 and prefix64 as win64 without user interaction.

It seems a simple line during the runner’s installation will solve a lot of problems.

It’s also notable that a few old installers don’t force either architecture and sometimes make things incompatible.

Yes, kind of problematic. It should be added as an issue https://github.com/lutris/lutris/issues