Guild Wars 2, Game has Quit

Hello Lutris forums!
New user here, and I got an issue with the guild wars 2 game.
I have installed Lutris laucher, and selected the 64 bit gw2, and installed it. Now when I try to run the game, it says " preparing to launch" and 3 seconds later, “Game has quit”. I tried reinstalling it once but did nothing different.

Is there a guide on how to install GW2?

Using Solus distro

Thank you very much in advance!

I’m having this issue with everygame I try to install. Is there a way to trouble shoot? I tried to use launch with terminal, but I don’t get any text output. Hope someone can chime in on our problem. I’ll try guild wars 2 aswell.

EDIT I was able to get guild wars 2 to work, but not Path of Exiles or Star Wars: The Old Republic. Both of those launch and say game has quit.

I know this doesn’t help you… :frowning: Perhaps make sure everything is up to date? Maybe someone can chime in so we can can trouble shoot.

I got the launcher to work but it’s so slow i can’t login or download or play.
What to do?

I also have this problem, only GW2.exe works, but not the Gw2-64.exe.
No matter what wine version (x86_64 or i386) I take…
Same for Path of Exile as well…

But if I try to run the 64bit with my systems installed wine without a custom prefix it works…
Does someone of you already had luck and knows whats wrong and how to fix it?

I solved it…
Seems that since I am new to wine (at least with custom prefixes and additional settings) I had to wipe the whole GW2 prefix and then set it to 64bit. The new prefix was correctly set up and I was able to run GW2 correctly.

Could you tell us how you managed this? I’m having the same issue.

Has anyone solved this yet? I’ve got the problem where you first go to install GW2, it runs and then after if launches the game launcher to presumably download the game itself, it breaks itself by deleting the initial exe that Lutris is looking for to launch. Doing it all manually seems fine, but that’s a tedious way to go about it.