GTK Warning

Hi all
I just installed Lutris now, because I try to install league of legend since very much time, and i have this error message in console when i launch the game:

(lutris:27224): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:68:35: The style property GtkButton:child-displacement-x is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(lutris:27224): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:69:35: The style property GtkButton:child-displacement-y is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(lutris:27224): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:73:46: The style property GtkScrolledWindow:scrollbars-within-bevel is deprecated and shouldn’t be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

So I am on opensuse tumbleweed KDE AMD64…
somebody can help me to fix that please ?

Same problem here. I use Arch Linux, nvidia 340xx driver and KDE Desktop:
(lutris:814): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:68:35: The style property GtkButton:child-displacement-x is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

Those are GTK theme warnings and no not affect how Lutris runs.

Thanks, I didn’t knew that. You are right, Lutris works normally.

yeah those essentially happen when your GTK is updated to support newer styling options but the theme you use is still using the old methods, kinda just so GTK developers can actually debug their themes and users maybe be reminded to check if there’s an update (usually there isn’t and usually your theme will continue to work fine for at least a few more GTK versions before you have to update it), I get like 300 lines of those whenever I run any GTK program, it’s a bit annoying to get those but no actual error :smiley:

also the “theme parsing error” is a bit misleading but actually the “second half” of the message is generated as a warning/reminder by the theme engine, and GTK itself just sees “oh the theme engine is talking to me while parsing, must be an error” and marks it as such :stuck_out_tongue: