Graphics glitch in World of Warcraft makes it unplayable

Since Blizzard changed WoW so that it can only be played in DirectX 11 and not anymore with DirectX 9 (command line option “-d3d9” not working anymore, also changing World of Warcraft/WTF/Config.wtf gxAPI “d3d9” doesn’t work) I can’t get WoW graphics to work anymore. I used the default wine pba-fireat-3.11-x86_64 and also tried several other versions, no one did work properly. With default configuration it flickers heavyly and looks like this (I censored the names):

I also can’t try vulkan because my gpu doesn’t support it. Starcraft II and Heroes of the Strom work normally.

I just wanted to let you know that this problem exists, I also don’t expect a solution to this, and it doesn’t harm me, since my wow account is deactivated. I will still try out any of your suggestions tough.

Use dx11

Yeah I had some troubles with the latest patch until I enabled DXVK and started using esync-3.13.

What sort of vid card have you got?

I have a gt330m, so I can’t use DXVK. DX9 worked previously, DX11 produces those glitches.

Oh, its on the unsupported list for WoW. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/31372

So it probably doesn’t work much in Windows either since 8.0.

That means your max driver is indeed 340.107 atm, thats pretty legacy.

What is the output of `glxinfo | grep OpenGL’?

[admin@laptop_archlinux FD12FULL]$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce GT 330M/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.107
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.107
OpenGL shading language version string: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL profile mask: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 2.0 NVIDIA 340.107 340.107
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00
OpenGL ES profile extensions:

I think my laptop is just too old now for playing WoW. If the GPU isn’t supported on windows, I don’t expect much.

Yup, you need OpenGL 4.5, iirc.