Grand Theft Auto V: Rockstar Game Services unavailable

Hi,
I’m on Arch trying to get GTA5 to run. I already tried both non-Steam versions of the install scripts and used the setup on the game’s DVD to install the game but upon launching it I get an error saying that the Rockstar Game Services are unavailable. It refers to this article, which states that all servers are online.
Thanks in advance for all attempts to help me with this problem.

Found a fix (game was installed with “Social Club w/ DXVK” script):

• Changed executable to “PlayGTAV.exe” and changed wine version to staging 3.13
  • Started the game and let it update
  • Switch back to “GTAVLauncher.exe” and esync 3.12
1 Like

Similar issue here. When trying to ran GTA5 with lutris-ge-proton7-35 from Epic Game Store, dialog with information about connection process appears, show animation for few minutes, window with title offline mode appear, game start and next message “unable to connect to activation services” appear with information that “game will now exit”. Game exited.

Problem was, there is no wine staging on wine versions list.

I must tell, I copy some games on fast SD Card, but have issues with GTA5 does not appear before, so I copy game to NVME drive and (do not known why) change wine version to proton. Problem disappear. I decided to test if it was related to SD card, so change symbolic link to point to sd card location again. Maybe I was banned due to anti-piracy system? On my laptop exist two copy of game, but I do not do anything wrong. I even could have additional copy on other computer with Epic Installed or install Epic on the same computer again (with different wine prefix) and install GTA5 again on it. I only choose simpler path :frowning: .

Rockstar Games Activation Services are down. Only one solution is to crack the game, but I decided to give this sh*t a chance and wait.

On my machine, GTA5 does not start at all (only launcher window show/connecting to rockstar services)

lutris-wrapper: Grand Theft Auto V
Started initial process 30887 from /home/slawomir/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-GE-Proton7-35-x86_64/bin/wine /games/Epic Games Store/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Epic Games/Launcher/Portal/Binaries/Win32/EpicGamesLauncher.exe -opengl -SkipBuildPatchPrereq -com.epicgames.launcher://apps/9d2d0eb64d5c44529cece33fe2a46482?action=launch
Start monitoring process.
fsync: up and running.
wine: RLIMIT_NICE is <= 20, unable to use setpriority safely
Initial process has exited (return code: 0)
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\L:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\N:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Call from 000000007B01263E to unimplemented function winegstreamer.dll.winegstreamer_create_video_decoder, aborting

I do not see anything special in logs (only last line is suggesting something wrong is with codecs, but I am unable to figure, how to fix it). Does someone else have the same problem?