Genshin Impact installation

Unable to add Genshin Impact. At first, I installed Lutris using Flatpack and it gave me the error that I needed to install xdelta3 when I tried to add Genshin Impact. Installing xdelta3 manually did not change the error. I uninstalled that Lutris and reinstalled using PPA and it gave me the error that it needs xterm. What the hell? BTW, I’ve tried searching for help on the forums, reddit and Google and very little info is out there. Nothing I’ve tried works. Help.
required info

Distros often don’t install xterm by default anymore, because of their snobbish Gnome terminals and their ilk, and thinking everything has “security” flaws etc.

It will likely be a separate package by itself, xterm. Install it. There may be many things that expect xterm to be there (i.e. things that have scripts that “run in terminal”)

Thanks so much for the reply. I thought I had done this, but it turns out I hadn’t. Once I installed xterm, the game installed and patched. Unfortunately, it goes to black screen before shutting down. This is the log:
Started initial process 191134 from gamemoderun /home/kristyreal/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-7.2-2-x86_64/bin/wine /home/kristyreal/Games/genshin-impact/drive_c/windows/syswow64/wineconsole.exe c:\gi_menu.bat
Start monitoring process.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
fsync: up and running.
Monitored process exited.
Initial process has exited (return code: 0)
Exit with return code 0

I don’t know anything about that game, but I can make a few suggestions.

Firstly, have you tried it without gamemoderun? (“Feral Game Mode”… there should be a checkbox in Global Options, and/or System options of the game.

Secondly, there have been runtime updates recently. You might try choosing older versions of them in Runner Options of the game (Advanced will have to be enabled for those drop lists to show up). For example you could try going back to DXVK 1.10.3 (This is a DirectX 11 game) and/or if you’re an Nvidia user, the previous DXVK-NVAPI version.

P.S. You’re showing that you’re using your Intel graphics adapter. Does that laptop (Inspiron 7700 series) not have switchable Intel/Nvidia graphics? If so, you want to be using the Nvidia adapter.

Glad I’m not the only one having these problems these days. I’ve double and triple checked that I have xdelta3, xterm, and zenity installed but Lutris just doesn’t recognize that it’s there.

1 Like

try to use “an anime game launcher”

did you ever got a resolution to this problem?

I had to reinstall Ubuntu, but I now have Lutris installed from Flatpak and nvidia drivers working. I am getting the same problems starting with ‘xdelta3 not installed’. I’ve installed it manually and it still gives the same error as if it isn’t there. I’m running Ubuntu 20.04. I’m pretty sure if I ever get it to recognize xdelta3, it will start with the xterm crap again. So frustrating but thanks for trying to help!

Remove Lutris Flatpak version and Install latest Lutris version from here instead: