Genshin Impact Game does not launch

Good day.

I know I ask about alot of problems. i really appreaciate any help at all.
You guys are just amazing and I’m such a little Linux noob.

Ok I know there is no official installer for Genshin Impact but I know that with the brilliant minds in this forum, we’ll be able to get it working. With you guys, anything is possible.

Alright, When i launch Gensin, The launcher actually opens but when i click the launch button in the launcher, the launcher just minimizes and nothing else happens. A look at HTOP reveals that the actual game did not launch at all.

My current system:

[ferret@ferret-ms7b07 ~]$ neofetch
██████████████████  ████████   ferret@ferret-ms7b07 
██████████████████  ████████   -------------------- 
██████████████████  ████████   OS: Manjaro Linux x86_64 
██████████████████  ████████   Host: MS-7B07 1.0 
████████            ████████   Kernel: 5.8.15-xanmod1-1 
████████  ████████  ████████   Uptime: 2 days, 9 hours, 16 mins 
████████  ████████  ████████   Packages: 1358 (pacman) 
████████  ████████  ████████   Shell: bash 5.0.18 
████████  ████████  ████████   Resolution: 1366x768 
████████  ████████  ████████   DE: Cinnamon 4.6.7 
████████  ████████  ████████   WM: Mutter (Muffin) 
████████  ████████  ████████   WM Theme: Matcha-dark-aliz (Matcha-dark-aliz) 
████████  ████████  ████████   Theme: Matcha-dark-aliz [GTK2/3] 
████████  ████████  ████████   Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3] 
                               Terminal: terminator 
                               CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G (4) @ 3.791GHz 
                               GPU: AMD ATI 29:00.0 Picasso 
                               Memory: 5385MiB / 9962MiB 

[ferret@ferret-ms7b07 ~]$ 

The game log:

Running /usr/bin/wine /home/ferret/Games/genshin-impact/drive_c/Program Files/Genshin Impact/launcher.exe
Initial process has started with pid 54749
Game is considered started.
fsync: up and running.
WARNING: Experimental compiler backend enabled. Here be dragons! Incorrect rendering, GPU hangs and/or resets are likely
WARNING: Experimental compiler backend enabled. Here be dragons! Incorrect rendering, GPU hangs and/or resets are likely
ATTENTION: default value of option mesa_glthread overridden by environment.
[252:256:1018/220252.729:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(157)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 8
Caught signal 15
passing along signal to PID 54749
passing along signal to PID 54893
--terminated processes--
Game is considered exited.
Initial process has exited.
All monitored processes have exited.
Exit with returncode 15

I have also tried to run the game without the launcher. With this I get the log:

Running /usr/bin/wine /home/ferret/Games/genshin-impact/drive_c/Program Files/Genshin Impact/launcher.exe
Initial process has started with pid 54749
ATTENTION: default value of option mesa_glthread overridden by environment.
[252:256:1018/220252.729:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(157)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 8
Caught signal 15
passing along signal to PID 54749
passing along signal to PID 54893
--terminated processes--
Exit with returncode 15
Running /usr/bin/wine /home/ferret/Games/genshin-impact/drive_c/Program Files/Genshin Impact/Genshin Impact Game/GenshinImpact.exe
Initial process has started with pid 55155
Exit with returncode 0

Any help is appreciated.

Come on guys. Lets not allow the big componies who refuse to support our lifestyle of choice to win here. We can and will beat them! :rofl:

There is an issue posted and in the replies users mention a anti cheat.

I do see many pages mentioning the removal of a controversial anti cheat:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=genshin+impact+anti+cheat&atb=v222-1&ia=web

Edit:
On a technical note, I see many open source and multi platform tools used by the game. Examples are Mono (open source .Net implementation) and Qt (an open source application framework, KDE is built on top of this framework too). So a native Linux port should definitely be possible.

An anti cheat, however, is an absolute no-go as this is third party software which requires to be installed into the Windows kernel.

Edit2:
It could be that the open source tooling is only used for the launcher.

Interesting.

I will take a look. Thank you very much.

Goodness knows I have been trying a whole slew of different possible solutions. All failures.
Perhaps The community and I will be able to make something work. Maybe not.

Thank you for the information. Any information is useful. Even if we do not succeed, We will still learn and not be stopped by the same obstacle again.

If it is the anti cheat then I’m afraid only pressure from the community will help. I know that Steam is actively working on an open anti cheat system which can be used with Proton so maybe this will fix this pesky issue for Linux users.

hahaha. See? Now that’s what I mean. Nothing is impossible or unreachable.
The solution may not come immediately but it will surely happen. In the future. When all other osses has been irradiated by the apple overlord

So did anyone find a solution, because I really want to play, but when I launch it, the launcher just closes, and nothing happens.