So i decided to try and install lutris and install a game, this is what happened before i gave up:
- Installed Lutris on Ubuntu 19.04 using command line, no drama and no problem.
- Went to the website, browsed to “EverQuest” and sceptically clicked “Install”, got a popup about xdg-open then … nothing. Tried again, nothing.
- In the Lutris EverQuest page, clicked “Add to my library”, opened the Lutris client and syncronized. Look, it added a fancy EverQuest picture.
- Marked it and clicked install, selected Project 1999 and clicked install … 2 seconds later; Installation finished, really!!?
- Clicked launch game; “No file provided” … sigh
- So now the Lutris app shows the game as installed, but it isn’t really installed, is it?
On the Lutris EverQuest page i can use the dropdown list to get a json-install script, but running it (with lutris -i ) yielded the exact same result as in the app when trying to start it; “No file provided”.
I’ve got EverQuest P99 working under wine, so i know EQ P99 works under Linux. My patience just isn’t big enough to troubleshoot “Easy to use” solutions that crash and burn when i try to install a semi obscure game.