Galactic Civilazations dosen't work

I searched on the Lutris web site and clicked install to run the script. The game will not run. Steam says ‘wrong platform’. I checked the runner. It was set to Steam for Linux. I switched it to wine steam. Steam still says ‘wrong platform’. What is wrong and please fix your script so others don’t get this problem.

Which one exactly? GCI or GCIII?

three

Since I can’t test it I can’t guarantee the game will work but the wrong platform error should be fixed.

I am reinstalling it to test. I will post here whether it works or not. Please wat about 15 minutes.

Now he game just quits with no error message.

I don’t know If this helps. In the games lutris client config, the game options tab, in the prefix box it says ‘None/prefix’.

Do you have wine installed on your pc? https://www.gloriouseggroll.tv/how-to-get-out-of-wine-dependency-hell/

I don’t know If this helps. In the games lutris client config, the game options tab, in the prefix box it says ‘None/prefix’.

It should look something like this:

Prefix: ~/.local/share/lutris/runners/winesteam/prefix/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Grand Theft Auto IV/prefix

Yes. I have other Steam for windos games installed such as Ever Quest. I also play EQII but lutris does not have an installer. EQ plays just fine.

I just tried to uninstall it so I could try it again. It will not uninstall. Is there a way to manually uninstall a program. Maybe delete some directories or something.

The same problem here.

I’ve using Proton (on Steam beta) to launch Galactic Civilizations I before, but the same error here. In both cases (Proton/Steam Beta and Lutris) game exits without error message. Only window with CD-key appear.

I am talking about version III. Which one are you trying to play?

Sorry. I’m trying to play version I.