Frustration finding Exe file to start game

Hi guys , I am new and need help. I was able to install a game and from the installer itself , start the game and it works perfectly. But once I close or quit the game I for the life of me cannot find the installation folder where the exe file is , or even where the game was installed.

Hi,

If you clicked a Lutris installer, your stuff ™ by default gets installed under your user directory ~/.local/share/lutris - check your configuration - the three bars, then global options.
If files aren’t there, you might be running Lutris in flatpak (a sandbox tool) and your regular terminal (or file browser) needs to be run in the sandbox to see them.

Another thing - if you linked Steam and clicked install on a game, all Lutris does is instruct Steam to do the install as if you did it from the Steam client, so files will be where Steam normally puts things.

What game did you install and how?

1 Like

installed monolith gog using offline installer

That’s a normal rightclick on the game tile, select configure, and go to the game options tab - it will have the path to the exe (if flatpak - the path in the sandbox)
IDK why, but the prefix field is empty for “GoG auto” installers. Games still work though.