Final Fantasy XIV not loading via DXVK

Hello,

I have a fresh install of Arch Linux and for some reason I cannot get the DXVK version of FF XIV to run. It seems I am having an issue with Vulkan but I cannot pin it down.

Side Note: It does run with the DX9 version. I also know I had the DX11 version running fine on Solus Linux.

Here are my outputs:

Mesa/OpenGL:

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.27.0, 4.20.10-arch1-1-ARCH, LLVM 7.0.1)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.3.3
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 18.3.3
OpenGL shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL profile mask: compatibility profile
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 18.3.3
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20
OpenGL ES profile extensions:

Vulkan:

https://pastebin.com/Wmq1wCPi

lutris -d

https://pastebin.com/23XScSFY

Any help would be appreciated.

After some tinkering with RADV, AMDVLK, Mesa, Mesa-git, and both verisons of the X.org AMDGPU driver and upon looking closer at the code it would seem the issue is with the amdgpu driver.

I figured this as it mentioned ā€œFatal error in__driConfigOptionsā€ and I thought DRI 2/3 was managed by the X.Org driver not Mesa.

I might be chasing a red herring at this point, but I am not sure.

NOTE: I did install the game on my System76 Galago Pro (Intel UHD 620) and it runs via DXVK with no issues, so I think this kinda backs up this might be the amdgpu driver.

Any insight would be great.

As far as Iā€™m concerned, DXVK operates mostly on radv, and not amdvlk etc. The drivers page on DXVK mentiones llvm 7.0.1 may cause some gpu hangs, but not 7.0.0 or 8.0-svn.

My main suggestion at the moment would be to make a restore point for your system and try updating llvm and mesa drivers. Iā€™m on Linux Mint, so I use Padokaā€™s PPA for updated mesa support. The versioning over there is far from conventional (it tries to say 18.99, for example, so that your system doesnā€™t update to 18.3.3 or whatever), but you can see the hash of the commit utilized in that build.

For example, heā€™s now on mesa version 19.1~git190220212700.f4f4ec9 is built up to this commit: ā€œi965: re-emit index buffer state on a reset option change.ā€

My experience with ā€˜bleeding edgeā€™ mesa repos is that they can either solve your problem or completely break how things are rendered. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m suggesting a system restore. I count on Timeshift, but since youā€™re an Arch user, you should probably know your way around.

Kernel seems fine, so Iā€™d try to pinpoint it either on the Mesa build or LLVM 7.0.1

@Astilex this is pretty easy to fix, and I have posted an issue here: https://github.com/lutris/lutris/issues/1797
Go to the environment variables and change mesa_glthread to true instead of True

1 Like

@elo Would you look at that it works. TBH I kinda gave up after a while and started dual booting in the mean time. (The schoolwork was really starting to pile up.) Lets hope the devs fix it soon. At least I can run it on Linux now.

Thanks mate!

1 Like