I have a fresh install of Arch Linux and for some reason I cannot get the DXVK version of FF XIV to run. It seems I am having an issue with Vulkan but I cannot pin it down.
Side Note: It does run with the DX9 version. I also know I had the DX11 version running fine on Solus Linux.
Here are my outputs:
OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.27.0, 4.20.10-arch1-1-ARCH, LLVM 7.0.1)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.3.3
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 18.3.3
OpenGL shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL profile mask: compatibility profile
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 18.3.3
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20
OpenGL ES profile extensions:
Any help would be appreciated.
After some tinkering with RADV, AMDVLK, Mesa, Mesa-git, and both verisons of the X.org AMDGPU driver and upon looking closer at the code it would seem the issue is with the amdgpu driver.
I figured this as it mentioned “Fatal error in__driConfigOptions” and I thought DRI 2/3 was managed by the X.Org driver not Mesa.
I might be chasing a red herring at this point, but I am not sure.
NOTE: I did install the game on my System76 Galago Pro (Intel UHD 620) and it runs via DXVK with no issues, so I think this kinda backs up this might be the amdgpu driver.
Any insight would be great.
As far as I’m concerned, DXVK operates mostly on radv, and not amdvlk etc. The drivers page on DXVK mentiones llvm 7.0.1 may cause some gpu hangs, but not 7.0.0 or 8.0-svn.
My main suggestion at the moment would be to make a restore point for your system and try updating llvm and mesa drivers. I’m on Linux Mint, so I use Padoka’s PPA for updated mesa support. The versioning over there is far from conventional (it tries to say 18.99, for example, so that your system doesn’t update to 18.3.3 or whatever), but you can see the hash of the commit utilized in that build.
For example, he’s now on mesa version 19.1~git190220212700.f4f4ec9 is built up to this commit: “i965: re-emit index buffer state on a reset option change.”
My experience with ‘bleeding edge’ mesa repos is that they can either solve your problem or completely break how things are rendered. That’s why I’m suggesting a system restore. I count on Timeshift, but since you’re an Arch user, you should probably know your way around.
Kernel seems fine, so I’d try to pinpoint it either on the Mesa build or LLVM 7.0.1
@Astilex this is pretty easy to fix, and I have posted an issue here: https://github.com/lutris/lutris/issues/1797
Go to the environment variables and change mesa_glthread to true instead of True
@elo Would you look at that it works. TBH I kinda gave up after a while and started dual booting in the mean time. (The schoolwork was really starting to pile up.) Lets hope the devs fix it soon. At least I can run it on Linux now.