FFXIV Install fails on Debian 11 "Bullseye"

I am trying to install Final Fantasy XIV on Debian 11 however all that happens is that it opens for about 5 seconds and it closes, which afterwards it will claim that it successfully installed.

Here is the the logs from lutris:
https://pastebin.com/ve34bJka

I should state the script does work on my test machine which runs Manjaro Linux.

I did follow the setup guide in the docs step by step so I am not so sure its a driver issue. It might be a library issue or maybe the script is conflicting with something in Debian. It’s just beyond me at this point so I am asking for help.

Thanks for your help in advance.

PERSONAL PC SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 1600
RAM: 16GB
GPU: RTX 2060S (Driver 460.XX)

TEST PC SPECS:

CPU: Intel 11th Gen Mobile
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Intel Iris Xe

I found this error in the log after looking again:

0038:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "comctl32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting

It’s at line 60. It looks like a bug. Maybe?

It looks like a Mesa Bug. Any ideas? I’m Using Nvida and it seems to not effect Manjaro on Mesa.

1 Like

You put me on track, following these links I found this workaround:

I deleted all my .config/lutris and .cache/lutris files.

So, initially run this to do a reinstall.

VK_ICD_FILENAMES=/usr/share/vulkan/icd.d/radeon_icd.i686.json:/usr/share/vulkan/icd.d/radeon_icd.x86_64.json /usr/games/lutris

Also installed the vulkan drivers following instructions here:

After that, I got some errors related to my system not being vulkan capable, but anyway could run lutris normally after that, and be able to run the epic games launcher, that was the one I was having trouble with.