Fallout 3 + New vegas The source file is corrupted

Hello lutris friends !

Today, new problem

I’ve been trying to install via GOG Fallout 3 and Fallout new vegas for a while now.
But whatever installer Lutris offers, 99% of the time I get this message: “The source file is corrupted”. And nothing works.
There was only one time I was able to access the fallout 3 menu, but the game crashed when I started a new game. (and i dont know how and why i can go to the menu this time).

It is noted that I have no problems with other episodes of the saga (the 1.2.4)
Still on POP Os, latest version of lutris updated.
13th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-13400 × 16
Nvidia RTX 3060 TI 8GO.

Any idea, ghoul friends?

Well Gog patched Fallout 3 / Fallout NV very well, you shouldn’t have problems.
What script did you use to install Fallout 3? from Lutris website or from Lutris’ app? check both.

I get this message: “The source file is corrupted”

where do you see this message?
This info is too generic and could mean everything and nothing.

• And did you verify the integrity of your files prior installation ? what happens there?
  • do you use fose (script extender) or any 3rd party tools to load fallout or just the vanilla launcher or the fallout exe?

heh, if you got some bad internet you probably have to re-download your fallout titles and check if each chunk is the size of around 4gb+.

Hello @joyvenn !

From memory I tried to install it with all the scripts (software and site). The message was left after the download was complete. This is a windows message that opens.

“And did you verify the integrity of your files prior installation ? what happens there?” How can I check that? Is that ? :
“heh, if you got some bad internet you probably have to re-download your fallout titles and check if each chunk is the size of around 4gb+.”

So I need to donload from gog, Part by part?
Thanks for the help!

yes, my recomendation, if your network is slow.
Once you’ve all file chunks, try to install a wrapper with one of Lutris’ scripts and launch Gog’s installer for Fallout 3.
Now, instead to install immediately, enter the options and mark the checkbox to test your file’s integrity. You cannot miss these options, because Gog’s installer are simple.