Fallout 3 G.O.T.Y (GOG) install script issue

How long should I wait ??

I have tried a couple times now… but when the install gets to the winetricks: winxp quartz part… it just stays there with the wiggly busy ball … I left it alone for 30 minutes once… and attempted an install 4 times… each time with the same result.

Ok… I was making the choice to not store save games in Documents and choosing keep saved games in prefix… which seems to be causing something to hang.

I selected the default option of save games to Documents/My Games … I’ll move / ln that later I guess.

I am getting this error too. Regardless of where I choose to have save games stored. Any way to get around it?

For me… I have a symbolic link for a “Games” folder that points to another physical hard drive… this was where I was initially trying to specify where to install… and the default for saved games which is “$HOME/Documents” is also a symbolic link in my case…

What I did out of curiosity was removed my sym links… attempted the install script again and just left every default ( Next… Next… etc ) … it worked fine… so I then moved everything, recreated my links and moved the prefix etc to where I wanted it… manually.

I didn’t spend any further time investigating it… I finally had a working prefix.

But ( For me ) there definitely seems to be an issue if the landing points are not the same device and/or sym links … in my case they where both… so not sure if its just sym link resolving or just an issue with being a separate /dev/sd? endpoint.

Well, I have no symlinks - I am now wondering if the installer is unhappy because I had cancelled a previous attempt and some of the directories were already in existance?

Anyways, I am going to delete everything and try again. Hopefully this does some magic.

I do have the same problem event after I clear and delete all the generated files, the problem exists when executing wintricks winxp quartz
I’m using Manajro x64 with Wine 4.15

1 Like

Same issue! Want to play this game really bad and it’s sad this doesn’t seem to work for me. Also using Manjaro. Check out this pastebin for my logs (they’re the same as the ops as far as i can tell). Thanks :slight_smile: