Failure to install EA App source

I had Lutris running fine at one point, but suddenly had problems. I tried reinstalling and now can’t get the EA App to load. I tried running the “lutrix” debugging parameter, but it fails to run, maybe because I’m running flatpak???

Anyway, I’m running the latest version of Zorin and when trying to install the EA App it fails with these log entries:

[INFO:2026-09-30 16:31:52,655:application]: Starting Lutris 0.5.22
[ERROR:2026-09-30 16:31:52,657:system]: ['/usr/bin/vulkaninfo', '--summary'] command failed: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/bin/vulkaninfo'
[INFO:2026-09-30 16:31:52,667:startup]: "card1" is No GPU (10de:1380 1043:84bb nvidia) Driver 580.178.04
[INFO:2026-09-30 16:32:39,654:file_box]: Download completed
[INFO:2026-09-30 16:32:39,655:files_box]: All files available
[INFO:2026-09-30 16:32:39,655:installerwindow]: All files are available, continuing install
[INFO:2026-09-30 16:32:39,656:installerwindow]: Launching installer commands
[INFO:2026-09-30 16:32:39,681:wine]: Creating a win64 prefix in /home/todd/Games/ea-app
[INFO:2026-09-30 16:32:39,681:wine]: Winepath: /home/todd/.var/app/net.lutris.Lutris/data/lutris/runtime/umu/umu-run
[INFO:2026-09-30 16:32:41,685:wine]: win64 Prefix created in /home/todd/Games/ea-app
[ERROR:2026-09-30 16:32:41,752:wine]: The game doesn't have an executable
[ERROR:2026-09-30 16:32:59,858:wine]: The game doesn't have an executable
[ERROR:2026-09-30 16:33:40,053:errors]: Command exited with code 256
[ERROR:2026-09-30 16:33:40,053:exception_backstops]: Error handling timeout function: Command exited with code 256
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/app/lib/python3.13/site-packages/lutris/exception_backstops.py", line 84, in error_wrapper
    return handler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/app/lib/python3.13/site-packages/lutris/util/jobs.py", line 159, in wrapper
    repeat = func(*a, **kw)
  File "/app/lib/python3.13/site-packages/lutris/installer/commands.py", line 443, in _monitor_task
    raise ScriptingError(_("Command exited with code %s") % command.return_code)
lutris.installer.errors.ScriptingError: Command exited with code 256
[INFO:2026-09-30 16:34:17,901:interpreter]: Cancelling installation of EA App

I also got these log messages:

steam-runtime-launch-client[6414]: W: Some environment variable edits cannot be represented when communicating with Flatpak
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: Running protonfixes on "GE-Proton11-7", build at 2026-09-16 00:56:57+00:00.
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: Running checks
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: All checks successful
ProtonFixes[6469] WARN: Game title not found in CSV
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: Non-steam game UNKNOWN (umu-default)
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: No store specified, using UMU database
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: Using early stage global defaults for UNKNOWN (umu-default)
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: Non-steam game UNKNOWN (umu-default)
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: No store specified, using UMU database
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: No early stage global protonfix found for UNKNOWN (umu-default)
Proton: Error: unable to use parent for game drive, path /home/todd/.var/app/net.lutris.Lutris
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: Running protonfixes on "GE-Proton11-7", build at 2026-09-16 00:56:57+00:00.
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: Running checks
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: All checks successful
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: Non-steam game UNKNOWN (umu-default)
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: No store specified, using UMU database
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: Using main stage global defaults for UNKNOWN (umu-default)
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: Non-steam game UNKNOWN (umu-default)
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: No store specified, using UMU database
ProtonFixes[6469] INFO: No main stage global protonfix found for UNKNOWN (umu-default)
Proton: /home/todd/.var/app/net.lutris.Lutris/cache/lutris/installer/ea-app/setup/EAappInstaller.exe
Proton: Executable is a unix path, launching with 'umu.exe'.
fsync: up and running.
[umu.umu_run:744] DEBUG: Child 6414 exited with wait status: 1

I’m clueless how to proceed.