Fable Anniversary

When I install the game with the game via Lutris, everything seems to work fine, when I start it I get this terminal:

ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file "public/steambootstrapper_english.txt".
ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file "public/steambootstrapper_german.txt".
[2016-11-25 19:02:30] Startup - updater built Oct 12 2016 17:50:17
Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, scheduling immediate update check
[2016-11-25 19:02:31] Checking for update on startup
[2016-11-25 19:02:31] Checking for available update...
$ 

Then Lutris switches to “no responding” (turns dark) and Recovers after a while with “game has quit” message. No log.

That post just made me play 4 hours of Fable today :smiley:

Maybe it’s the Xinput support that’s causing problem? The installer configure the game for a Xbox 360 controller but I don’t know how it behaves with another or no controller.
Maybe start by disabling Xinput support in the runner options and see how that goes.

I understand, awesome game! I wish I had more time to play it but I spend between 8 and 10 hours a day in the lab last week…

Xinput isn’t enabled, but I ran into another problem. My lutris says the game isn’t installed anymore and when I klick install, it’s because it’s not for my platform, and trys to start with steam, not winesteam, but I find it on my files… try to reinstall it now…

Damn, I installed it in the steam libary, not in the winesteam libary. Will be back after reinstalling.

Aaaand I see the problem, the installer freezes at the Beginning (wheel keeps spinning. I have to start the install with winesteam itself, not the Lutris installer. Could this be why the libarys may not be installed correctly?

Edit:
When I try installing from the website I get:

OSError(5, ‘Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler’)

‘Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler’ means literaly translated: ‘Input-/Outputerror’

Try running Lutris from the command line, it might give you more info about why it’s failing. I just tried reinstalling the game and it runs fine.

Well, I’m moving this week and buying a new HDD and GPU, so I just reinstall the whole maschine and text you after that…

Alright!

Meanwhile, I spent all Sunday playing Fable and have finished the game! Hope you get it running, it’s a great game!

So btw, which distro are you running? Maybe that’s the point…

I’m running Ubuntu 16.10 with Nvidia drivers 367.57 on Gnome Shell

Ho, so wait for my new nvidea and keep going. You’ll read from me :smiley: So you have 16 o’ clock now? Ended work? Have a nice evening, I’ll go to bed now :sunglasses:

So, installed new, installed game and everything I got when start Fable is a cmd Window called “x360ce” with this:

================================================================================x360ce - XBOX 360 Controller emulator                                                                                                                           https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Copyright (C) 2013 Robert Krawczyk                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              This program is free software you can redistribute it and/or modify it under                                                                                                                                                                    the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free                                                                                                                                                                     Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version.
https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Copyright (C) 2013 Robert Krawczyk                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              This program is free software you can redistribute it and/or modify it under                                                                                                                                                                    the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free                                                                                                                                                                     Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version.                                                                                                                                                                     ================================================================================
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Copyright (C) 2013 Robert Krawczyk                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              This program is free software you can redistribute it and/or modify it under                                                                                                                                                                    the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free                                                                                                                                                                     Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version.                                                                                                                                                                     ================================================================================                                                                                                                                                                TIME         THREAD   TYPE      DATA
Copyright (C) 2013 Robert Krawczyk                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              This program is free software you can redistribute it and/or modify it under                                                                                                                                                                    the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free                                                                                                                                                                     Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version.                                                                                                                                                                     ================================================================================                                                                                                                                                                TIME         THREAD   TYPE      DATA                                                                                                                                                                                                            23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] x360ce 3.4.0.766 [Fable Anniversary.exe - 111]
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                This program is free software you can redistribute it and/or modify it under                                                                                                                                                                    the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free                                                                                                                                                                     Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version.                                                                                                                                                                     ================================================================================                                                                                                                                                                TIME         THREAD   TYPE      DATA                                                                                                                                                                                                            23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] x360ce 3.4.0.766 [Fable Anniversary.exe - 111]                                                                                                                                                                  23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
This program is free software you can redistribute it and/or modify it under                                                                                                                                                                    the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free                                                                                                                                                                     Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version.                                                                                                                                                                     ================================================================================                                                                                                                                                                TIME         THREAD   TYPE      DATA                                                                                                                                                                                                            23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] x360ce 3.4.0.766 [Fable Anniversary.exe - 111]                                                                                                                                                                  23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free                                                                                                                                                                     Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version.                                                                                                                                                                     ================================================================================                                                                                                                                                                TIME         THREAD   TYPE      DATA                                                                                                                                                                                                            23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] x360ce 3.4.0.766 [Fable Anniversary.exe - 111]                                                                                                                                                                  23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version.                                                                                                                                                                     ================================================================================                                                                                                                                                                TIME         THREAD   TYPE      DATA                                                                                                                                                                                                            23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] x360ce 3.4.0.766 [Fable Anniversary.exe - 111]                                                                                                                                                                  23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
================================================================================                                                                                                                                                                TIME         THREAD   TYPE      DATA                                                                                                                                                                                                            23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] x360ce 3.4.0.766 [Fable Anniversary.exe - 111]                                                                                                                                                                  23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
TIME         THREAD   TYPE      DATA                                                                                                                                                                                                            23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] x360ce 3.4.0.766 [Fable Anniversary.exe - 111]                                                                                                                                                                  23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] x360ce 3.4.0.766 [Fable Anniversary.exe - 111]                                                                                                                                                                  23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
23:40:02.911 00000112 [Core   ] Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

So the game itself didn’t even start…

Tried a reinstalling… It seems to fail installing the C++ Runtime at the End.

So, after all installing issues are solved, the game was installed without any problems via Lutris. When I start it; this happens:

cronyk@Nexus:~$ lutris
INFO     2016-12-25 21:10:57,467 [lutriswindow]:Connected to lutris.net as Cronyk
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/cronyk/.local/share/lutris/runtime/lib32/koku-xinput-wine/koku-xinput-wine.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/cronyk/.local/share/lutris/runtime/lib32/koku-xinput-wine/koku-xinput-wine.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe"
[1225/211108:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(170)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 8
[1225/211108:ERROR:dns_config_service_win.cc(584)] DNS registry watch failed to start.

Is there a fix?

You should be using a 32bit wine build and a 32bit wine prefix.

If you do so then koku-xinput-wine will work properly

In the Config of Fable Anniversary I changed Prefix Architecture under Game options from auto to 32bit and Wine version under runner options from staging-1.9.21-x86_64 to staging-1.9.21-i386, nothing changes but the terminal Output:

cronyk@Nexus:~$ lutris
INFO     2016-12-26 08:23:52,928 [lutriswindow]:Connected to lutris.net as Cronyk
[1226/082358:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(170)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 8

I googled the last line but only got problems about fixing steam when it won’t work…