Error when installing programs and general help with something

I am on Lubuntu 64 bit 18.04
HP elite 8200
i7 2600
32 gb ram
Gigabyte 1050ti OC edition 4gb vram

Ok so when I install something I get an error:
“The file parameter is mandatory for the execute command”

Google searches have turned up not much. The other one is that I have a few games installed but not listed here and I would like to contribute them so people can play them but it has been years., I dont remember how I got them running (one about 10 years). If I could upload the file then another could figure out what I installed, or I could use wine tricks but still I would need a place to do that.

Which installer? Could you post a link to it?

It seems like the - execute: command is a bit broken on 0.4.17 atm.

1 Like

I am having a similiar problem with Guild Wars 2.

Is there anyway to fix it, or go around the problem?

@jonpryde @vanquishedangel Either wait for the next release or do the following:

sudo sed -si "s/(\('fi.*nd'\))/[(\1)]/" /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/installer/commands.py

If it’s not at that location:

sudo sed -si "s/(\('fi.*nd'\))/[(\1)]/" /usr/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/lutris/installer/commands.py

For those on Fedora:

sudo sed -si “s/((‘fi.*nd’))/[(\1)]/” /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/lutris/installer/commands.py

That allowed the game to install. However, now it will result in:

wine: cannot find L"C:\windows\system32\winemenubuilder.exe"

This something with the runners ?

You can all stop using that sed command, I released 0.4.18 :smiley:

wine: cannot find L"C:\windows\system32\winemenubuilder.exe"

I’m going to write some code that hides this message from users, far too many believe it’s an error message when it’s actually something we do intentionally in Lutris.

Okeydoke then. For whatever reason, the game does not launch for me. that’s the only piece of error i see ?