Error - Install umu to use Proton

Lutris v 5.17

I needed a break from playing Guild Wars 2, logged out of Guild Wars 2 and closed Lutris but when I came back, after loading Lutris, and tried to run Guild Wars 2 again, a pop-up window said umu needed to be installed to use Proton. This error pop-up occurred for the other games I use Lutris to run.

Here’s the message detail:

Install umu to use Proton

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/exception_backstops.py”, line 31, in wrapper
result = function(*args, **kwargs)

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/game.py”, line 668, in configure_game
gameplay_info = self.get_gameplay_info(launch_ui_delegate)

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/game.py”, line 607, in get_gameplay_info
gameplay_info = self.runner.play()

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/runners/wine.py”, line 1216, in play
command = self.get_command()

File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/lutris/runners/wine.py”, line 1188, in get_command
raise MissingExecutableError(“Install umu to use Proton”)

lutris.exceptions.MissingExecutableError: Install umu to use Proton

1 Like

Hi same issue here.

Reddit has some posts regarding that :
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/1fx38fm/proton_experimental_no_longer_appears_on_lutris/

One post says to install UMU using release page on their github. I’ll give it a try

Have the same issue. Installed umu-launcher from AUR. It gave a pressure-vessel not found error when trying to launch the game. Putting the latest release into ~/.local/share/umu helped. Now everything works.

2 Likes

Thank you man! Definitely worked for me, Proton(Latest) is available again as a runner and works.

:sunglasses:

Thank you. It’s helped.