Error 134 on Wayland

To start, Lutris launches all of my games without any issues on X11, so I know my wine version fine.
On a Wayland session, Lutris will return error code 134 when trying to launch any game. When I click ‘Play’ it switches to say ‘Stop’ for a few seconds before failing and dropping back to the ‘Play’ button. No new windows pop up, no new programs show up on my panel, it just silently attempts to launch and then fails.
Checking game log after a failure gives the following:

lutris-wrapper: Horizon Zero Dawn
Started initial process 45573 from gamescope -r 60 -f -- gamemoderun gamemoderun /usr/bin/wine /run/media/lee/1tb/Horizon - Zero Down CE/HorizonZeroDawn.exe
Start monitoring process.
[gamescope] [e[0;34mInfoe[0m]  e[0;37mconsole:e[0m gamescope version  (gcc 14.2.0)
No CAP_SYS_NICE, falling back to regular-priority compute and threads.
Performance will be affected.
ATTENTION: default value of option vk_khr_present_wait overridden by environment.
ATTENTION: default value of option vk_khr_present_wait overridden by environment.
[gamescope] [e[0;34mInfoe[0m]  e[0;37mvulkan:e[0m selecting physical device 'AMD Radeon RX 580 Series (RADV POLARIS10)': queue family 1 (general queue family 0)
[gamescope] [e[0;34mInfoe[0m]  e[0;37mvulkan:e[0m physical device does not support DRM format modifiers
[gamescope] [e[0;34mInfoe[0m]  e[0;37mwlserver:e[0m [backend/headless/backend.c:67] Creating headless backend
[gamescope] [e[0;34mInfoe[0m]  e[0;37mxdg_backend:e[0m Seat name: 
[gamescope] [e[0;34mInfoe[0m]  e[0;37mvulkan:e[0m supported DRM formats for sampling usage:
gamescope: types/wlr_linux_dmabuf_v1.c:532: feedback_compile: Assertion `table_len > 0' failed.
Monitored process exited.
Initial process has exited (return code: 134)
All processes have quit
Exit with return code 134

Any tips for running on Wayland?

You haven’t included the usual debug info, including versions, runner etc.

Your version and any quirks of Wayland is going to depend on your distro. Have you tried running without gamescope first? (built it against wayland?)
The path shows a /media mount - used to be WINE running off an NTFS formatted volume had issues.

If using the stock runner, try without esync/fsync, and if using Steam and ULWGL/Proton check protonDB for launch tips.

Thank you for your response, sorry for leaving out so much info.
Lutris 0.5.17
wine-9.17
openSUSE Tumbleweed, kernel 6.10.11-1-default
All drives are formatted as btrfs

Disabling gamescope in the lutris settings still gave the same log messages about starting in gamescope.
Removing the gamescope package allowed all games to launch without issue on a wayland session.
I will consider this a fix as I see no other need for gamescope.

1 Like