Epic Games Store, Log in with Google?

I just installed Epic Games Store in Lutris

My Epic account is my Google account, but when selecting Google in Epic Games it says it will open a browser to login to Google, but nothing happens.

Starting Chrome manually and logging into Google doesn’t work either.

1 Like

Its should open the link using your native browser that you set as default.

If you have trouble with that, I advice you to check Epic account preference and create a usable and secure :closed_lock_with_key: to log into using Epic Games account directly if the problem persist.

Alternatively, you can install Heroic Launcher to manage all your Epic games on :penguin: Linux. More reliable, less resource consumption than :wine_glass: Epic.

I’ve set my default browser to google-chrome.desktop and it works with xdg-open
but nothing happens when trying to login with google in epic games store.

Not sure what you mean with create a usable and secure  to log into?

It should look like the picture below; if this is not happening, I would recommend you to share your system information (get it from lutris Preferences >Hardware Information just the System part).

I forgot to add, it doesn’t open in my default browser, it is a lutris integrated browser, which for whatever reason keeps asking for my login…

(Edit) Just realised there might be some confusion. I’m trying to log into the Windows version. Not the Lutris build in version.

Nothing happens

My Hardware info is:

[System]
Arch: x86_64
Kernel: 5.15.23-76051523-generic
Desktop: pop:GNOME
Display Server: x11

[CPU]
Vendor: AuthenticAMD
Model: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
Physical cores: 12
Logical cores: 24

[Memory]
RAM: 31.4 GB
Swap: 31.2 GB

[Graphics]
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 510.54
OpenGL Core: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 510.54
OpenGL ES: OpenGL ES 3.2 NVIDIA 510.54
Vulkan: Supported

In this case, I’m not entirely sure you may need to install a webbrowser using winetricks.

I’ve setup the build in iexploere.exe with gecko rendering engine, but still nothing happens when I try login with google (or any other account type)

Did you installed it using the script?

I will try to install it in my PC tonight

Not sure what you mean by script?

If you got to the main page of the Lutris website you can look for the Epic Store in the games list, you can also look for it in the Lutris Add Game window. This will show you that there is a script to install the Epic Store with the correct adjustments.

Sooooooo… I don’t have a technical solution, I was able to install and somewhat launch the Brave Browser but it didn’t really work. Then I went to my Epic Store account and “changed the password”, even though I have registered with my google account.

That worked, you can use the google email and the new password that you set to login.

I just get “Password Invalid” when entering my Google password, when trying to change the password.

I gave up and just created a new account. I only needed Epic Games for installing UE4.

you just need to put the new password twice.

Also never give the same password to other accounts nor write your password to your email in other pages that are not your email provider.

The errors is with current password.

oh, it seems you already had set a password.
When I did it, it asked me only for the new password, now it is asking for the current password.
You could probably reset the password.

Same problem. I click update game list near Epic Icon, box with login method appear, but when I select google, blank window appear and nothing. After closing this blank/empty window, Lutris crash.

My System:
OpenSUSE Tumbleweed, Plasma5, Lutris installed both from OpenSUSE repo and flatpak, AMD APU, NVidia GPU.