Epic Games Store launcher is unusable

Everything was better yesterday…

Wine version: lutris-ge-lol-7.0-2-x86_64
DXVK: no
VKD3D: no
Output debugging info: yes

https://ghostbin.com/2RHWj

I had the same issue and changed Epic Game Store to use fshack-7.2 and it works (mostly) fine now.

1 Like

This version of lutris: lutris-ge-lol-7.0-2-x86_64 is made exclusively for league of legends use another version of wine

Same bug with /home/user/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-fshack-7.2-x86_64/bin/wine

The debug blob is really difficult to read. You might see if any useful information is seen if the game is run in a terminal:

• Right-click game
  • Click “Configure”
  • Click “System Options”
  • Enable “Run in a terminal”

I haven’t run the Epic Store in a while, so I started it after reading your message. It made me update, and so I let it. It took quite a few minutes on a black screen with a blue bar at the bottom… so long that I was tempted to close it, but then it did eventually open, so there is hope. It can work.

I’m using

...\epic-games-store/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Epic Games/Launcher/Portal/Binaries/Win32/EpicGamesLauncher.exe

with arguments

-opengl -SkipBuildPatchPrereq

Wine is lutris-fshack-6.13-3-x86_64 and is running in a 64-bit bottle.
DXVK/VKD3D is enabled (DXVK v1.10L). Xephyr fullscreen is on.

$ winetricks list-installed
Executing mkdir -p /home/apps/Lutris
------------------------------------------------------
warning: You are using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX. Note that many verbs only install 32-bit versions of packages. If you encounter problems, please retest in a clean 32-bit WINEPREFIX before reporting a bug.
------------------------------------------------------
Using winetricks 20220411-next - sha256sum: d23dbdf84a2f75b0cbb9608f9ba9d65ee23947fdf71be76115c9eb066b3b3100 with wine-6.14.r0.g069adfd1 ( TkG Staging Esync Fsync ) and WINEARCH=win64
w_workaround_wine_bug-24013
d3dcompiler_43
d3dcompiler_47
d3dx9
andale
arial
comicsans
courier
georgia
impact
times
trebuchet
verdana
webdings
corefonts

I don’t recall what resource I used to help me know how to install, sorry.