Epic Games store doesn't start GUI

Upon installing the Epic Games store, when pressing ‘play’, it seems to run, and the wine process appears in my task manager, however, no GUI appears. The logs show the following:
Running /home/ghassan/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-4.20-x86_64/bin/wine /home/ghassan/Games/epic-games-store/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Epic Games/Launcher/Portal/Binaries/Win32/EpicGamesLauncher.exe -opengl
esync: up and running.
LogICUInternationalization: Display: ICU TimeZone Detection - Raw Offset: -8:00, Platform Override: ‘’

Running Manjaro KDE on Nouveau graphics (NVidia GeForce MX150) ; installed epic games from the Lutris installer.

Let’s get some more information from you.

What are your system specs?
What graphics drivers are you using?
What distro are you using?
Did you install Epic Games via the installer displayed for it on the Lutris website?
If not, how did you install it?

Sorry I hadn’t seen this and you’re right in that I should have put up my specs before. I’ve just added them now

I’ve personally had nothing but trouble with Nouveau drivers, unless you need them for some reason, I’d try installing proprietary drivers for your nvidia card, and see if that helps.

1 Like

After installing the Bumblebee drivers it launches perfectly! Plus my games run a bit better too. Looks like that fixed it. Thank you so much

1 Like