Hi! GTA V from Epic Games Store works fine in single player mode. But in online mode, it crashing at the character creation.
I’m having the same issue and I have zero clue how to fix it.
Grand Theft Auto V doesn’t work super well with Wine, period. I don’t think it’s a Lutris specific problem. Over on the Wine database everyone reports various problems with it: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=16807
Yeah, but at tthis moment, only Lutris’s wine was able to install and launch the game on my pc. Proton and wine-staging 5.7 faild.
Does the strace solution worked ?
I had to add sudo to it on Manjaro, but it is working! If you have strace installed, then just open a terminal and give out this command:
until ps -C GTA5.exe >/dev/null; do sleep 1; echo "Waiting for GTA5.exe process..."; done; sudo strace -p $(ps -C GTA5.exe -o pid=)
With this, you can play online!
I searched through some links from this thread and found this video. I’m replying here too since this page was my first search result when I had this problem.
Here’s the step-by-step solution that works for me (from the video):
- On Lutris, select the Epic Games Launcher
- On the bottom-right options, click “Wine configuration”
- Go to the “Libraries” tab
- In the text field, type winedbg.exe and click on the “Add” button right next to it
- Look for the winedbg.exe in the list below the text field. Select it and click in the “Edit” button
- Select the “Disable” option (the bottom one)
- Hit “Ok”, “Apply” and launch the Epic Games Store again