Back to the main site

Enabling Esynch and making changes not working


#1

I read the guide here to make the changes…

Made the changes and rebooted. When I enable WINEESYNC 1

I click on enable eesync tells me limits are not set.
My Distro is Arch.
Even after I rebooted my manchine and made the changes.


#2

Interesting. I didn’t know there was a check box for esync. Must be a new feature. Anyways, what’s the output of ulimit -Hn? Did you set your DefaultLimitNOFILE=1048576 in your /etc/systemd/system.conf and /etc/systemd/user.conf? Oddly, I did notice when I had a higher value set, I did receive the same error as you. I have a feeling Lutris might look for a ulimit value of 1048576. Changing to 1048576 seemed to rid the error. If you set it up in your /etc/security/limits.conf, you might also receive this error. If all that fails, you could add WINEESYNC = 1 to your prefex via an environment variable.


#3

I am also on Arch and don’t get this error. You really need to set it as explained in the wiki and check it with ulimit -Hn


#4

Yes I follow the github directions and uncommented the changes and rebooted.
Re-verified after the power cycle and the changes were there on both files.

Still issue persist.

[los@mandril ~]$ ulimit -Hn
104857


#5

duh! I see the issue now left the 6 out =/ on system.conf