Elder Scrolls Online installer gives "not a gzip file" error

Hello everyone,
I have currently installed ESO on my Windows partition and I would want to try to link it to Lutris using the installation script provided. When I try to install the script via the Lutris application, I receive the "not a gzip file" error when it is trying to download the "wine(version: tkg-4.2-x86_64)". I am trying to install the Standalone version with DXVK enabled, which I have installed already on my machine. Does anyone know how to fix this and install the script?

Thank you and have a great day

1 Like

As far as I know, you aren’t able to add games to Lutris if they are already installed even if they are installed on a separate Windows partition. The proper way to install games with Lutris is to install the game on a Linux partition. So to answer your question you will have to reinstall ESO on a Linux partition and use Lutris install script to install ESO. If you are trying to transfer your progress from Windows to Linux you might be able to do that, but I don’t have the required knowledge to help you do that. You will have to ask someone else how to transfer saved progress from a game.

This is my ~/.config/lutris/games/ESO.yml:

game:
arch: win64
exe: /win/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Zenimax
Online/Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe
prefix: ~/.win10/eso
system:
env:
DXVK_HUD: ‘0’
wine:
dxvk: true
esync: true
version: tkg-4.2-x86_64

Try using similar values…
My ‘/win’ is my mounted NTFS partition.
Interesting that the Installer created a drive_c prefix on my NTFS partition despite my specifying a PREFIX.