DirectX 8.0 or higher not installed when opening Pokemon Uranium on lutris on Ubuntu

I have installed Lutris,Wine and its dependencies that i could find.
I then proceeded to search pokemon uranium in the search bar and installed/downloaded first something related to wine (i had already installed this before) and then the game.
When i try to play it, it pops up the directx 8 missing window “DirectX 8.0 or higher not installed.”
(I am running an Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.)
And in the logs i see this:-

Running gamemoderun /home/elrohir/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-6.0-rc1-x86_64/bin/wine /home/elrohir/Games/pokemon-uranium/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/PokemonUranium/Uranium.exe
Initial process has started with pid 3813
Start monitoring process.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
wineserver: using server-side synchronization.
INTEL-MESA: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

INTEL-MESA: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

Monitored process exited.
Initial process has exited (return code: 0)
All monitored processes have exited.
Exit with returncode 0