Diablo HD / Bezlebub mod is missing

Diablo HD / Bezlebub mod used to be available for Diablo on Lutris

The “GOG + Tchernobog mod version” script description incorrectly states that:

• Tchernobog v0.2.2c (new name of the Belzebub mod)

Tchernobog is a different mod, it is newer but not the same and Belzebub is a totally different (possibly better) experience

bring back the Belzebub script please

Hello, could you tell me what are the differences between Belzebub and Tchernobog mod?

Well, gameplay wise Belzebub gets absolutey crazy (fun) whereas the current Tchernobog seems a little more conservative and balanced.

Belzebub has not been updated in a longtime because it is ‘complete’ whereas Tchernobog is in active development. Tchernobog has not even had quests (perhaps until only very recently, if even at all - I cant confirm if it has quests yet) and their focus has been on multiplayer whereas Belzebub only supports single player only.

There are many differences but one specific example is Belzebub has run speed in town (I think about 400%+ movement speed) whereas Tchernobog is still walking speed (albeit 200% faster movement speed than original)

If you google “what Diablo mod should I play” you will always get a debate about Belzebub HD mod vs DevilutionX (and to a lesser extent Hell ). It hasnt been until only recently Tchernobog is getting some more attention because of their active development but they are two different projects.

Thank you for your detailed explanation, I just published a new script installer for this mod.
Test it and tell me if everything works as expected.
I plan to add languages pack in next update.

Very nicely done, thx !

Yep, Bezlebub is the better experience in my opinion, after having played Tchernobog since it was the only one availlable until now (well, before Bezlebub script was removed)

Its way more action packed. Though Tchernobog is coming along too.

But here’s example of the first quest; this screenshot from Bezlebub. Tchernobog latest does not have this man lying there so there is no quest to give here.

1 Like

script updated, changes:

• Multilingual: during install, you could choose your preferred language for pnj between English, French, Italian, Portugues/Brazilian, Czech, Spanish, Turkish and Polish