Development Version?

Is there a development version available to test? I posted one feature-suggestion (that was not yet suggested) and the devs replied that it was already implemented for the next release. I have a couple more Ideas but would like to check for them first.

I realize it would likely be source-only, unstable, not supported, etc… --assuming it is even available.

Thanks

(edit: I did download “master” and got it running. The version appears like the current stable release.)

git checkout next, it’s as simple as that :smiley:

Also, if you do run next please don’t report bugs, we know about them and the release is not ready for general use. Bugfixes on the other hand, are very appreciated.

Thank you very much. :blush:

EDIT: I’m not that familiar with git so I’ll add my steps here for myself and anyone else needing them – wanting an UNSTABLE build of Lutris.

1. cd ~/Downloads
  2. mkdir git-lutris-next && cd git-lutris-next
  3. git init
  4. git clone https://github.com/lutris/lutris.git
  5. cd lutris
  6. git checkout next
  7. pythion3 ./bin/lutris

FYI:

• These commands are being executed on Ubuntu 17.04. Modify as necessary for your OS/distro.
  • python3 is MY executable for “python v3.4”. It’s recommended you try python first (it is already updated in Ubuntu 17.10).
  • To run lutris-next later, the full run-path is ~Downloads/git-lutris-next/lutris/bin/lutris
  • I believe you can run cd ~/Downloads/git-lutris-next/lutris && git checkout next to update it. My terminal states “Your branch is up-to-date with ‘origin/next’” since I just downloaded it.