Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't work after launch and crashes after a few minutes

Hello! When I launch Cyberpunk 2077 through Lutris using Wine, it had worked fine before and crashed only twice in the dozens of times I have played the game. After I had to do a reset on the BIOS settings due to my PC not being able to start back up and being stuck at the VGA Q-LED, I tried playing the game again but, whenever it launched, it opened a black window and then crashes after a few minutes. After crashing, it showed the normal Cyberpunk 2077 crash window.

I’ve concluded that this is definitely a Lutris-related problem considering that after updating everything in my Update Manager, and launching Lutris through the terminal just by entering “lutris”, it worked better but still crashes after the CD Projekt Red logo, the typical “any similarity between the game and real life are purely coincidental” text, and the seizure warning text finishes (except I can only assume that’s what happens since I can only hear the music that plays during those text flashes).

I am at a loss at what to do, so I’ve decided to come here for support. Here are my specs:

MBD: TUF GAMING B550-M PLUS (Wi-Fi)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics
GPU: GeForce GTX 1650
RAM: 16GB 2666MHz
DE: Cinnamon 6.0.4
Kernel: 5.15.0-124-generic
PSU: Corsair RM850 80+ Gold
SSD SanDisk 250GB SATA (Windows boot)
HDD: 500GB 7200RPM (Linux boot)
Monitor: DELL 1080p 75Hz FreeSync

Here’s the pastebin for the terminal stuff when I was running Lutris and attempted to launch Cyberpunk 2077: Lutris runtime terminal - Pastebin.com

Lutris is pretty much just a wrapper for WINE and it depends on a whole lot of things being right. Sure, at worst it might select the wrong GPU in your integrated/card setup.
There have been a few posts along those lines - one of them found the firejail security tool stopped Lutris getting to the drivers it needs by default.

For a start, you’re using Mint 21 - Upgrade to the 6.x kernel or switch to 22. It is a major shift in performance and stability for modern WINE.
We also can’t see which Nvidia driver you’re using - 560 has some issues which are being worked on (565 is in beta)

Your Lutris version shows 5.17, but could you please share whether you’re using flatpak or not?

1 Like

I’m not using flatpak. From what I remember, I installed it using the Software Manager, specifically the system package rather than the Flatpak.

Also, I am using the nvidia-driver-550 which is the recommended one by my driver manager. The specific version of it is 550.107.02-0ubuntu0.22.04.1. I might try switching to Mint 22 as you said since it seems to me that after reading the driver version that it’s supposed to be used on 22. Weird.

I’ll come back to notify the thread of any changes. Thanks for your help so far! :slight_smile: