Custom Linux Launcher with command line arguments?

I am trying to make a custom launcher in Lutris to launch a specific Genymotion VM.

This is achieved in Terminal with the following example command (testvm1 being the name of the vm you want to launch):

/opt/genymobile/genymotion/gmtool admin start testvm1

Can this be done in Lutris?

I tried making the executable “/opt/genymobile/genymotion/gmtool admin start testvm1” and that didn’t work.

I also tried just making the executable “/opt/genymobile/genymotion/gmtool” and in the arguments field adding “admin start testvm1” but it didn’t work either.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

The second approach seems to be the correct one, so unless you included the quotemarks (or added whitespace into executable path field) there shouldn’t be any reason to fail.
Maybe try to look at the logs when trying to run? Otherwise you can try to experiment with the system-options tab of the launcher settings (for example, disabling Lutris runtime).

That was it, it was the lutris runtime stopping it!

It launches it like it should now.

Not a big deal, but it very rarely can detect if the application has finished closing. "usually saying “Waiting on children” in the logs. Is there anything that can be done to work around that, or is that what the lutris runtime helps do?

If I close it with Lutris by hitting stop, it properly closes it, so I could just do it that way.