Controller doesnt work with Hollow Knight

Hi, i need some help here. I cant get my controller to work when im playing Hollow Knight GOG. The controller is a generic one similar to the PS controller.

In the options menu, if i unplug the controller the game tells me that was unplugged so it recognies it but it doesnt work, nor the axis buttons, nor squreare, circle, etc, nor start or select. The thing is that i used the same controller when playing Resident Evil remaster and it worked out of the box.

The log doesnt tell me anything when i push the buttons. This is what i get when the game starts:
Running /home/mariano/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.6-2-x86_64/bin/wine /home/mariano/Games/Hollow Knight/drive_c/GOG Games/Hollow Knight/hollow_knight.exe
Initial process has started with pid 10067
Game is considered started.
Mono path[0] = ‘C:/GOG Games/Hollow Knight/hollow_knight_Data/Managed’
Mono path[1] = ‘C:/GOG Games/Hollow Knight/hollow_knight_Data/Mono’
Mono config path = ‘C:/GOG Games/Hollow Knight/hollow_knight_Data/Mono/etc’

Do you use something to convert your controller event to xbox controller event? If you don’t search the web for how to use xboxdrv or jstest-gtk, If you do, go to wine control panel -> game control while your controller is connected you might find some useful information there that helps you debug.

Well, i havent tried that yet, but in the wine control panel > game control the controller is recognized.