City of Heroes

Anyone have this running in Lutris? I have it installed and it launches then closes. I have had this running in Crossover with all the different versions of the launchers. I am looking for someone who may have it working and have the solution that is crashing the launcher.

It is the 64bit Tea install client from Lutris.

Here is the log:

Started initial process 209982 from gamemoderun /home/dtruesdale/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-ge-6.16-1-x86_64/bin/wine /home/dtruesdale/games-2/Games_Library/city-of-heroes/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Sweet Tea/Sweet-Tea.exe
Start monitoring process.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘libgamemodeauto.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘libgamemodeauto.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
esync: up and running.
info: Game: Sweet-Tea.exe
info: DXVK: v1.9.1-4-g653d9aa8
info: Built-in extension providers:
info: Win32 WSI
info: OpenVR
info: OpenXR
info: OpenVR: could not open registry key, status 2
warn: OpenVR: Failed to locate module
info: Enabled instance extensions:
info: VK_KHR_get_surface_capabilities2
info: VK_KHR_surface
info: VK_KHR_win32_surface
warn: Skipping Vulkan 1.0 adapter: llvmpipe (LLVM 12.0.0, 256 bits)
warn: D3D9: VK_FORMAT_D16_UNORM_S8_UINT → VK_FORMAT_D24_UNORM_S8_UINT
info: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070:
info: Driver: 470.82.0
info: Vulkan: 1.2.175
info: Memory Heap[0]:
info: Size: 8192 MiB
info: Flags: 0x1
info: Memory Type[7]: Property Flags = 0x1
info: Memory Heap[1]:
info: Size: 48190 MiB
info: Flags: 0x0
info: Memory Type[0]: Property Flags = 0x0
info: Memory Type[1]: Property Flags = 0x0
info: Memory Type[2]: Property Flags = 0x0
info: Memory Type[3]: Property Flags = 0x0
info: Memory Type[4]: Property Flags = 0x0
info: Memory Type[5]: Property Flags = 0x0
info: Memory Type[6]: Property Flags = 0x0
info: Memory Type[8]: Property Flags = 0x6
info: Memory Type[9]: Property Flags = 0xe
info: Memory Heap[2]:
info: Size: 246 MiB
info: Flags: 0x1
info: Memory Type[10]: Property Flags = 0x7
info: Process set as DPI aware
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 155 (NV-GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 43 ()
Serial number of failed request: 390
Current serial number in output stream: 391
Monitored process exited.
Initial process has exited (return code: 0)
Exit with return code 0

1 Like

“warn: Skipping Vulkan 1.0 adapter: llvmpipe (LLVM 12.0.0, 256 bits)”

Just a thought here, but what about moving out any inappropriate vulkan loader .json files from /usr/share/vulkan/icd.d?

You really only ever want your Nvidia vulkan to be dispatched, so you only want the two files in there (for i686 and x86_64).

Also, bear in mind that this is a 32 bit game launcher and you want to ensure that you have the 32 bit vulkan-icd-loader package installed in your distro. This covers situations where you have, say, a 32 bit launcher and a 64 bit game, for example.

Thank you got it working and now to get the different clients setup to my liking. Hopefully I can get this all working from here.

Got it to work somewhat I am now getting this when trying to get an actual launcher. This attempt was from my local server.

[324:328:1112/165831.945:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(156)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 0

After that Sweet Tea crashes.

I’m sorry I don’t know anything about your problem, but that shouldn’t be a show stopping error. It may not actually have anything to do with the crash, just that it’s the last message printed.

Failed with “0” sounds nonsensical, but it’s a situation where it failed, but returned success. I think that message is from an embedded chrome browser in your game client.