Can't uninstall wine version. [SOLVED]

So, I think I’m having issues with WINE, so I tired to uninstall my current version of wine and then reinstall it. However, when I click “Uninstall”, I get an error message saying “The folder could not be moved to the trash.”

Is there another way to uninstall wine so I can reinstall it?

What linux distro you are on?
What app manager did you use (mintinstall, Synaptic)?

I’m on Linux Mint 21.3. I have Lutris installed as a Flatpak.

what issue are you have with wine?

normally you want to remove the ~/.wine folder if you are having system wine issues, and sudo apt remove wine (depending on how you install - check winehq if you installed from there)

If you are referencing wine versions in lutris, on the left hand pane → runners → wine → click the folder icon and select what you want to uninstall here.

I was referring to the wine versions in Lutris. They won’t uninstall.

Screenshot_2024-02-26_08-16-45

Screenshot_2024-02-26_08-17-34

manual uninstall - seen this before where the logged in user does not have write permissions to the trash folder for some reason

find the folder ~/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine and see if you can delete the required wine folders from here

1 Like

I have Lutris installed as a Flatpak, I don’t have a lutris directory in my ~/.local/share/ directory.

There is a “wine.yml” file in my ~/.var/app/net.lutris.Lutris/config/lutris/runners/ directory. Do I delete this file?

~/.var/app/net.lutris.Lutris/ - look around here for the wine version folders and delete the folder for the wine versions here

edit the wine.yml to make sure it has
version: wine-ge-8-26-x86_64

1 Like