Back to the main site

Can't start RDR2 (Rockstar launcher version)

Hi folks, i’m trying to get RDR2 working on Ubuntu 20.10 with Lutris. Lutris helped to get most of my games run, but i can’t seem to get this one running. It is a rockstar launcher version (not steam). I’ve used lutris installer, it installed wine 6.4 and launcher, then launcher downloaded the 100+gb and now i can click ‘play’. Clicking on ‘play’ starts something - for about 20 seconds i see CPU really busy, but i still see desktop / lutris / launcher… after that it goes back to ‘play’.

I’ve got a lutris --submit-issue output here

as well as logs… here

Looking at the logs i suspect this to be the main issue:

wine: Unhandled page fault on execute access to 0000000000000000 at address 0000000000000000 (thread 0444), starting debugger…

there are couple of other places in the logs that look iffy… i did a bunch of googling, but wasn’t able to find anything that looked like good match…

tried a number of alternative wine builds - 6.0, 6.5-stading, 6.3-proton, 5.21-proton-ge - the behavior doesn’t seem to change. Also tried turning off dxvk in lutris - also to no avail. Would really appreciate some help - as i read that the game should be runnable, perhaps i’m missing something basic.